I just love lists, so you'll probably see lots of them around here, but they're just a fun and easy way to organize random thoughts and I think a list makes a post much easier to read. Here's a list of my favorite things about New York (some of which, you wouldn't guess would be a favorite)
1. The bustling, busy city. I love how everyone goes about their day and how chaotic, yet smooth everything seems to run all at once. I'm a big people watcher so it's fun to see people out and about; coming and going, running to the subway, buying flowers for loved ones etc.
2. I love all the street food and treats you can find all over the city. When I'm hungry, at any given time, NYC ALWAYS pulls through! Pretzels, churros, hot dogs, popcorn, cookies, hot cocoa, pastries, giant shakes... the WORKS. They may not be the most healthy snacks, but they're all so tasty and that's what matters most, right?? ;)
3. I grew up with this picture in my head that everyone in New York was mean and rude (not sure if it was due to movies or media), however, each time I've visited, I have been pleasantly surprised with how kind and generous all the people I've come in contact with are. So many strangers were so quick to help me locate restaurants and shops or willing to help me navigate using the subway system. I will always, always be grateful to the sweet people of NYC.
4. I realllllyy wanted to go to Top Of The Rock this last time I visited New York, but I'd heard the lines and waiting were terrible. Well let me tell you: the waiting, the cost, the lines... they were all worth it! The NYC skyline and the lights at night are like no other. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL; something I would definitely recommend.
5. Much of my time in New York has been spent on the subway and walking to different locations and sight-seeing. I love how close everything is and how easy it is to see so much just by walking or a quick subway ride.
6. The pizza is everything it's cracked up to be and MORE
I can't wait for my next trip to New York, there's still so much I want to see and do. If you have any recommendations for my next visit, comment below! Xo